Wednesday, November 14, 2012

[Service] Opera Web Pass launched in Malaysia, DIGI first provider

Digi Malaysia has been in partnership with Opera for a while now and it came as no surprise that when Opera launches its Web Pass, Digi Malaysia would become its first partner.

Opera Web Pass works in this way - you open Opera Mini, pick a deal, and now you can surf.

If the idea is too vague for you, fret not. Let's take Digi Malaysia's Web Pass as an example.

First, open Opera Mini (Opera Mobile doesn't seem to support Web Pass).

You will be greeted with this page (normally).


Click on Digi Internet 50 cents. You will be greeted with this:



Choose you plan and enjoy your internet!


Currently, in Malaysia at least, only Digi subscribers can use this service.

A word of caution - the plan will only work if you surf using Opera Mini. And it is not applicable for video/music streaming and file download. 

Make sure you read the T&C so that you are not surprised by your bill. 

I myself have not actually bought any of the plan so I can't vouch for anything. However, when I do, I will post my experience here.

If you have tried this service, share with me your experience by thrashing the comment box!!

To download Opera Mini, click here.

To view Opera's press release, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment